Skip to main content

Indecisiveness and Prioritization

When I reflect on my life, I think of how little I take responsibility for my own actions. And not just my past actions but also how this affects how I live my life now.
I think not being able to take responsibility is one of the main sources of my indecisive nature. I always feel that if I make one decision, I will be missing the opportunity for another. So I always turn to external sources to shape my decision for me.
Don't get me wrong, researching and listening to others' experiences for inspiration is important. But when this becomes a source of dependency and habitual reliance, a requirement for decision making, then its a problem.

Coming to terms with this feels very difficult and conflicting for me. I'd like to think I base my judgment off of my own true values and beliefs. But I've come to realize that not accepting and acknowledging my emotional immaturity in this area is not effective for my growth.

Thinking of the more deeper root as to why I rely on the external to make my decision is my inability to prioritize. I can never put one thing over another because I feel that they are all equal, all important and my mind is overwhelmed by this feeling of greed. And then I just end up not making the decision and doing nothing.
But as I've stated in my previous posts, prioritization of a certain task or activity over all the others is what adds significance of that thing in to your life. The ability to choose that, to see enough value in that to put it above others means that it matters to you. Treating every task with equal importance either results in you making no progress towards them or putting so much on your plate that you become overwhelmed and uncertain of which direction to take a step forward.

It's hard to 'throw out' the potential of something that could be. But if you don't do this once in a while you're going to be constantly spreading yourself thin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is there an emotional brain? Pt.1(intro)

Is there an emotional brain? As much as we like simplicity in models of science, and the locationist view makes things easier for us to understand, research points to the answer that emotions are not localized to one specific brain region or circuit.  The limbic system hypothesis was put forth by Paul MacLean in the 1950s (although some theories led up to this prior such as the Papez circuit). It divides the more deeply fundamental structures with those that are thought to have developed further on in evolution, in ‘higher’ mammals. The limbic system is one component of the triune brain theory that divides the brain up into the neocortex, mammalian brain and reptilian brain. The reptilian brain is proposed to be in charge of responses for survival such as breathing and heart rate. The reptilian brain is called so due to its structures being found also in reptiles. The limbic system is thought to have developed later in evolution and is commonly thought to be the mammalian brain.

history

Sometimes I think to myself whether all of what we are searching for, will be frowned upon in the future, will be laughed at for all of our efforts As this may be some kind of crazy movement created by delusional people. But this shouldn't stunt us from the curiosities and the explorations within the world we are in now. Some beliefs in the past may seem crazy to us now... but this is just humans trying to explain the world from what they see, from the information that we have. And that is the hesitance that comes from scientists making a statement definitive. Because all of this 'truth' may not be so when future explorers look back at our work, But knowing that the reason they stand in their 'developed' position is because we did exploring for   them, into uncertain waters that are clear as ever to them in their present moment.

its like

i have voices inside my head but then i have a consciousness over that voice inside my head that tells me that these are just voices inside my head. its tiring